Labour's priority is to back British business to create the high skilled, high wage jobs our country needs, not to risk jobs and investment by sleepwalking towards EU exit as a Conservative government would do.
Under pressure from Nigel Farage the Tories have marginalised Britain in Europe and are increasingly a Party arguing for exit from the EU, putting jobs and investment at risk.
Labour's priority is different. We will put the national interest first and back British business to create the high skilled, high wage jobs our country needs.
That is how we raise living standards, pay down the deficit, and compete on a global stage.
We will back British business by:
- Cutting the deficit every year.
- Cut business rates for more than 1.5 million small business properties and maintain the most competitive Corporation Tax rate in the G7.
- A British Investment Bank so that businesses can get the finance they need to grow.
- New gold standard technical qualifications to fill skills gaps and working with businesses to create thousands of new apprenticeships.
- A new National Infrastructure Commission to drive a long term approach.